Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

voice cutoff answering the phone, TC8305C

New Poster

voice cutoff answering the phone, TC8305C

When we answer the phone, whether manually or by our phones voice mail, there is a period of time, around 5 seconds, where the voice is not connected.

There are two ways this is shown. First, if we answer the phone, we have to say hello several times before the calling party hears us.

Second, if the answering machine answers the phone, the first part of our greeting is cut off. Both of these are showing the same problem.

This does not appear to be an off hook detection delay, when answering a call in the middle of a ring, the ring shuts off immediately, at least by human standards.

We did not have this problem with the previous cable modem, but that died and needed to be replaced.

Has anyone else had this problem. It is an unacceptable characteristic and I need to address. My first call to comcast was not successful in addressing the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Re: voice cutoff answering the phone, TC8305C

We also have this issue - also see topic Incoming calls.

Just started in the last 2 weeks. I think it is only 1-3 secs. Still very annoying.

We recently changed cordless phone (old & new are Panasonic) but the issue started before our equipment change and has continued since the change.

I'll have to verify if VM is doing the same as listed in post:

voice cutoff answering the phone, TC8305C   ‎07-18-2014 07:49 PM
Regular Visitor

Same problem here. Happens on both ends no matter who is calling or being called. Tried switching phones - same issue.

Spent a hour being sent around the world with Comcast techical support only to be informed that it was a "local issue" with the lines, modem or telephones, and that the only way to resolve it was to send out a technician. BUT they said that if the technician couldn't find the problem I'd be charged a hefty fee. 

Would love to know if anybody has solved this problem.

New Poster

What helped deal with most all of the problem was a firmware update for the modem. The issue, for me, was with the modem, not my phones. I had the same issue whether it was a portable phone or old fashion wired phone. It took several calls to get someone that realized that the firmware might be an older version. I reccomend that you get comcast to check and ensure that you have the latest firmware for the modem.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation