Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

un-professional installation

Regular Visitor

un-professional installation

I experienced a very un-professional installation process for digital voice,cable internet and TV. First, incomplete install, technician did not leave any documentation on how anything works, nor did he complete the install. TV remotes didn't work properly and the digital voice modem is resetting all the time. I also can only have 1 phone hooked up, I was told this was a whole house phone service yet I only have 1 phone jack(on the back of the modem). This install was not done by Comcast but by a sub-contractor. I'm very upset right now at these services. I waited almost 3 weeks for this install and it's terrible and in need of service.
Regular Contributor

Re: un-professional installation

Sorry to hear your install went bad.  The phone jack is actually pretty easy.

You need to find your NID (network interface box on the outside of your house) and open it up.  Take a screwdriver and open up the customer side and unplug the small telephone cord.  This will allow all your phone jacks to work in the house.  Just plug the modem into a phone jack.  Once that's done any phone jack should work with the CDV service.

If that jack in the NID is plugged in you can't do the whole house wiring.
Regular Contributor

LOL wait why should they need to do this? Wasn't it Comcasts job to do the install properly? If they didn't they need to get their butts back there and correct it.
Bronze Problem Solver

badz wrote:
LOL wait why should they need to do this? Wasn't it Comcasts job to do the install properly? If they didn't they need to get their butts back there and correct it.

NM, why stir the pot

Message Edited by FishMan on 06-27-200703:12 PM

Regular Contributor

badz wrote:

Not saying he has to but if he wants it fixed right away he can do it himself.  Agreed that they should have done but that's what happens when you use sub contractors.  Not all subs are like that but alot are.
Regular Contributor

Don't you think we are paying Comcast for something? In this case they did a poor or improper install and they should correct it. Not tell a customer to correct the issue themselves. If I had to wire up my phone myself so it worked you can bet Comcast would be getting a bill off me for doing their job!
Regular Contributor

Did I say anything like that.  All I stated was if he wants it working sooner then waiting for a tech to come out that's how to fix it.

Yes Comcast should fix it but who knows when the next time will work for the OP and a tech to come out. 
Regular Contributor

Well my solution would be they'd correct it or uninstall it, and I wouldn't give them weeks to do so. They are not above the laws here. They do claim to provide a service and if they cannot then they shouldn't offer it. Local phone companies don't tell you go open the outside boxes and correct the issue's yourself. I cannot believe Comcast hasn't even replied to this topic. Just what are support forums for anyhow?
Contributor

Dear pkwoolsey,

I apologize that on the day of your installation our technician did not connect your modem to all of the jacks in your home. I've confirmed that you’re scheduled for a technician to connect the rest of your jacks today, and as I said on the phone, I’ll check back with you to make sure this problem has been corrected.

Thanks for your patience!

Richard

Message Edited by Richard_J on 07-09-2007 04:50 PM
Most Valued Poster

These forums are mostly users helping users.  That's why GDM_Husky was attempting to provide advice to the original poster.  Moderators do not get involved with most of the posts (but I do see that we have received a response from one of them). 

badz wrote:
Well my solution would be they'd correct it or uninstall it, and I wouldn't give them weeks to do so. They are not above the laws here. They do claim to provide a service and if they cannot then they shouldn't offer it. Local phone companies don't tell you go open the outside boxes and correct the issue's yourself. I cannot believe Comcast hasn't even replied to this topic. Just what are support forums for anyhow?

Regular Contributor

Firesbane wrote:
These forums are mostly users helping users.  That's why GDM_Husky was attempting to provide advice to the original poster.  Moderators do not get involved with most of the posts (but I do see that we have received a response from one of them). 

badz wrote:

Fish,

I would agree about the concept of user-to-user forums, but Comcast should actually call these their "Discussion Forums" if that is their intent.  By call these their "Help Forums" on the Comcast.net Home page, Comcast implies that these are true "Help" forums, which is what, for example, many software developers who use forums as their official support channel usually call them.

Honestly, a name change would help somewhat to clarify this, although I will admit that some users expect all their problems solved in whatever type pf forum they post!

Jim
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation