Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

switching from vonage to comcast

New Poster

switching from vonage to comcast

I have vonage for my phone right now. I was considering switching it to comcast. The questions I have are will my exsiting modem and router work with comcast phone or will I have to buy new ones or rent from comcast. I really dont like renting from comsat. I currently have the motorola surfboard 5100 and my router is a motorola VT-2542-VD (which has the phone jack in it)

Silver Problem Solver

Re: switching from vonage to comcast

Hi Keith,

The Comcast modem (Usually an Arris), comes with the phone service built in, the rental fee is $7 a month.

It is possible to buy your own, but there are restrictions.

As of right now the only modem you can buy for internet/phone is the TM 722G, only available from BestBuy with a Comcast Connection Center, only if that is availabe in your market and would require a paid tech visit to install it. (The modem is about $150)

You could always call and ask about your router, though I doubt they could do anything with that. Either way, you should still be able to use it as a router.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation