Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

ring back

Frequent Visitor

ring back

My comcast phone constantly rings back whenever I call an automated system and then disconnect. This happens also with phone calls that I hang up first.  This never happened with ATT.  Comcast has never been able to fix problem.

An expert on this board posted an answer last year but I am not sure what is means>

Myself, I would be blaming the phone as if you hang up, it is bouncing the switchhook, causing the eMTA to go into call hold.  When this happens, the phone would ring back reminding you that you place the call on hold.  To explain, you hang up, the switchook bounces and the eMTA supplies a new dial tone.  Since there is no new call being placed, the eTMA rings back to say you had placed a call on hold (accidently), and because the other end hung up, there is no one there.

I would blame it on the phone with a switchook bounce, instead of haniging up fully, it is flashing the switchook, creating a new dial tone that eventually times out, ringing back the phone.

This also does happen to people on POTS lines when they have 3 way calling, and bounce the switchook instead of hanging up fully.

I would appreciate any help

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation