Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Recorded message" on old phone number

Frequent Visitor

"Recorded message" on old phone number

We are moving to a new town and therefore have to get a new phone number. I have been told that the day the new phone number is activated the old phone number will be de-activated and there will be no message directing callers to our new number.

In the old days of "A&T" phone lines, a message providing the new phone number would be available for a period of time. You could even pay to extend the time.

I find it hard to believe that no such feature is provided by Comcast. We have had the same phone number for over 20 years (it was in fact transferred from AT&T to Comcast when we got the triple play and went VOIP).

Is it really true that there is no such feature?

Administrator
Administrator

Re: "Recorded message" on old phone number

SpotALoony, we are actually able to add a re-direct message as long as this was done while the number was active with us. Once it is canceled we are unable to set this after this. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: "Recorded message" on old phone numb

Thank you for responding. Unfortunatley your response only increases the bad feelings I have towards Comcast.

I spent an hour on the phone with various comcast employees (technical support, billing, etc.) two days before our move and was told that the feature was not available. This of course was while the old phone number was active. Finding out that we could have had a message if not for the ineptitude of those I spoke with is not a good thing.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation