Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

porting questions

Frequent Visitor

porting questions

I am moving but I do not want to cancel my existing phone and Internet before the new location has service. I only want Internet service at the new location until I cancel the old service. At that time I want to move the voice service.

I have called twice to see if that is possible and both times I was told that the number can't be ported which confuses me because I have ported it across Ameritech, AT&T and Comcast and now Comcast can't even move it from one location to another.

To top it off, when I called to enquire they were busy so I had to wait for a call back. Then the guy that called didn't know anything about voice and transfered me to a "voice expert" who promptly hung up on me shortly after answering the call.

I love Comcast!!! Too bad AT&T can only offer 12Mbps in my area or I would be gone. Talk about a captive customer base.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: porting questions

Depending on where you are moving to and from, yes, you may not be able to keep the number. For example if you are moving to an area with 724 area code numbers, and your area code is 412 (both pittsburgh pa numbers), then you most likely cannot keep the number.

Re: porting questions

I feel your pain, but, at least someone called you back...lol everytime they tell me they will call me back no one ever does!!  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation