Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

porting of verizon number not happening.

Regular Visitor

porting of verizon number not happening.

I have been trying now for a week to get my nunber ported over from Verizon to Comcast. The tech who came out to install modem/router last Sunday showed me that the correct number to be ported over was showing up but he was unable to turn it on. Since then Ive been on the phone for several hours, everyone transfers me to a different service department. It was to have been ported yesterday but that did not happen. Is there somebody at Comcast who owns these problems or will I be doomed to the dreary gloom of call transfers forever?

New Poster

Re: porting of verizon number not happening.

I just did it this week. Ported my landline to Comcast Voice.  Called 1-800-Comcast.  They took all my information and then had to put a third party company on the line (automated) to confirm my information and that I understood the 911 implications.

Took a day and a half and the number ported over.  No issues.

I used self-installation because I hate having the subcontractors come to my house!

New Poster

I am going thru the EXACT same thing! AAAAUUUUGH! Sooooo frustrating.

Regular Visitor

people: my problem was solved today. I was at the edge of despair, been transferred back to the main line by a guy who yelled at me then to orders and finally I just hung up. Later on, hopeful again, I called the phone service line and an angel answered. An angel who added the number to my account and then poof! sent a magical jolt of power to the line and it rang. Not the stupid temp number that was ported over by some uncaring nincompoop, but my phone number that I have kept next to my heart for years now. Thank you, my Comcast Angel. I have faith in the world all over agian and joy and light are back in my heart.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation