Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

porting number from verizon.

New Poster

porting number from verizon.

We recently added voice and internet to our Comcast service, apparently or porting request disappeared into the ether, now we are told it will take a week to process.
Is there some reason why this is not considered a simple port? Fcc rules for a simple port is one business day. We need to be able to receive calls from my husband's
Doctors (CANCER), but cannot because tech physically cut verizon line. HELP.
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: porting number from verizon.

I'm having the same problem porting out a phone number from Comcast.  Apparently they just don't care!

New Poster

Re: porting number from verizon.

We just had digital voice for the primary line bundled with Comcast and they physically cut the line to the Verizon box that handled both the primary and secondary line (that is STILL with Verizon).  Comcast also said they configured our new line to work with our security system, but the security company says that they did not hook it up and the system cannot call out on the newly configured line.  I am extremely disappointed with Comcast so far.  The conversion seemed like a breeze, but now it is a nightmare.  I talked to 3 representatives yesterday and the calls were cut off, but none of them ever tried to call to reconnect with me.  Perhaps I should have bundled with Verizon instead.

What options do I have regarding the cut line?  Any suggestions because I doubt that Verizon will cover the repair and Comcast seems not to care.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation