Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

phone service

New Poster

phone service

I'VE  had pretty good luck with the phone service..until today.. i cannot dial an outgoing call.. internet service is fine.,.but i need to call and no dial tones..etc.. it will occasionaly sound like it will dial the call but then nothing happens,.. please fix my service ..i need to call and see bout my sister in the hospital..
Regular Contributor

Re: phone service

Hello qbee,

I can’t see any problems with your CDV service, but sometimes simply resetting your eMTA will correct the problem. Just push the small recessed button (you may want to use a pen or a paperclip) on the back of your modem, and then give it a minute or two for the modem to completely reset. Also, please remember that if you’re on the phone at the time, this process will completely disconnect your call. If this does not correct the problem, then please contact us for further troubleshooting.

Thanks for posting,

New Poster

This is happening to me frequently now.  I found out that if you have internet and lose your connection, you will lose your phone service and the tech who installed your service may have the wiring incorrect.  It's starting to bother me!
Regular Contributor

Hi Lisa,

If you are still having trouble with your phone service, please give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST or chat with us. If our installation technician made any errors, we will fix the problem at no charge to you. We certainly do not want either your internet or your Comcast Digital Voice service to be unreliable!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation