Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

phone service goes mute or drops calls

New Poster

phone service goes mute or drops calls

I know that the problem is not with my phone because I recently got a new, highly rated cordless phone set. For months I first had the problem of the caller no longer being able to hear me, and the only thing that resolved it temporarily was to hand up and have them call me back. I got a new phone, and now I also have the problem of the call no longer being active but my phone indicates the call is still in progress. This happened twice yesterday, both times when I was dealing with Comcast customer service!  Because I did not realize that the calls had ended, I waited 40 minutes presumably "on hold" for one call and over 20 minutes for the other. I had done an EMTA reboot on my model so that the new router would work. Now I am hesitant to call Comcast again because it took 10-20 MINUTES each time just to reach a tech person and then the calls were dropped! I spent almost 2 hours on the phone yesterday-- such a waste of time. I am quite disgusted in Comcast customer service!!!

What solution is there for this problem with my phone service? It is making it impossible to make or receive any calls successfully.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation