Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

over a month of no caller id on TV

Frequent Visitor

over a month of no caller id on TV

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. My husband has been on the phone with comcast at least twice a week for having no caller id show up on the TV.  We started by getting a new modem and then a new dvr. Ever since the caller id does not show up on the TV. We even had a tech come to the house and "it will take 24 to 48 hours". He found no problem. The plug has been pulled and signal reset so many times, it is ridiculous. We are even at level 3 tech now. How many levels are there?  Everyone is very nice, but it never seems to get fixed. This started mid-April and now it is the end of May.

I read these forums and see that it happens a lot. You would think they would have figured it out by now.     I get so sick of the runaround, although like I said, everyone is soooo nice on the phone.

We just want it fixed........worked on the old one, why not now?  It has to be software?????

New Poster

Re: over a month of no caller id on TV

I have the same problem  .  no caller id   always says annomous caller on screen but never ona number. I have called them quite often.  The service has been terrible

New Poster

Oh great, I just switched from AT&T to Comcast this past Thurs & was looking to this forum for some good news & unfortunately I have a feeling I'm in for the same thing. Can't access voice mail, no caller ID & I can make a call out but can't recieve any calls. Been on the phone with them the last few days. I'm clicking on e-mail when someone replies so I will know if they have found a solution to your problem. I may just have to switch back to something that actually works.

New Poster

I have the same problem with no caller id showing up.  Also, can get calls in but cant call out or retrieve voice mail messages.

New Poster

I went on line last night & chatted w/a tech. He asked me to unplug the cord from back of my cordless & back of Comcast modem & leave it out for 20 seconds. I did that & when I plugged back in he called & phone rang & Caller ID worked...so far so good. I felt like he was the only one who really listened . Maybe because I was able to type it all out without being interrupted?
Frequent Visitor

Kudos to Todd.  After 3 CRS and multiple phone calls to Comcast and getting the run around.....my

husband finally got lucky today and talked with a level 2 tech named Todd in Colorado. He worked on it all day long and it finally worked at 2PM.  Todd even called us at 4:30 to make sure it was working. Todd is the first person that ever called us back.  He said the problem in simple terms was that A was not talking to B.     It pays to be persistent. I know it is a pain .....they try to wear you down, but persistence and being nice and positive paid off......yipee!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation