Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

multiple lines same phone #

New Poster

multiple lines same phone #

i just recently got phone service with comcast. now i have two phones in my house with the same phone number but only one rings while the one that doesnt ring still has a dial tone. So we can be on both phones with different people at the same time. it would appear that we have two services with two different companies at the same time but at&t says we are no longer a customer???

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: multiple lines same phone #

What are the phones plugged into?  Is one plugged directly to the back of the modem and the other one to a wall jack?

New Poster

Yes. The one in the wall jack does not ring but we can talk on both separately. What's that about?
Contributor

If your modem has telephone indicators, check to see if TEL 1 and TEL 2 are both lit up. If both lines are configured, that means the system is provisioned to provide phone service to both ports. 

Check to see if there are more than one telephone connections in the back of the router.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation