Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

international calls

New Poster

international calls

I have had comcast for a month and the very first day I had my service, someone made bogus calls to Liberia to the sum of $374.88.  I don't know how they did it but I know that I did not call Liberia.   As a matter of fact, I have never used the home phone at all and the only reason I have it is to allow me to open my gate at my apartments when I have a visitor.  My cell phone number has a different area code. 

I have called comcast 3 times trying to get a credit.  The first agent told me that they know this is a problem and said they were investigating and would issue me a credit within a few days.  I called again and was told the same thing.  The third time, I got an agent that told me it takes 3 months and that I had to pay it and then Comcast would owe me money after my account was credited!!!!!  He also told me that my services would be canceled if I did not pay it.  I got so upset and  had to ask for a supervisor 10 times before he would transfer me to one. What a rude person.

I got a supervisor and he transferred me to someone in Miami who told me me that I did not have to pay for the bogus charges and assured me that my service would not be interrrupted so I guess I will see in a few days when my bill is due and I don't pay it. 

If Comcast knows this is a problem, why would the agent tell me that I had to pay for calls that I did not make and was rude about it too?   I didn't think Comcast could afford any further bad publicity?  I did threaten to call my local news outlet and report Comcast!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation