Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

incorrect date/ time- how to change

New Poster

incorrect date/ time- how to change

Anyone know how to change the date/time that is played on voicemail. playbacks?  its off by about 8 hrs and a day.  I can't find any way to change it. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: incorrect date/ time- how to change

Hello,

Please contact 1-800 comcast they can look at your account and the time zone settings.

New Poster

I contacted the 1-800 tech support line and they told me they could not change the setting to the proper zone.  I live in PST and the VM sneds out info in EST.  This VM is useless unless I can get the correct time zone.  This is affecting us significantly.

New Poster

I finally found it myself under my settings.  These settings are not anywhere else unless you go into this forum.  This is crazy that their techies don't know about this.

New Poster

How did you resolve the issue please? Same problem here and calling tech support was no help at all.

I'm in PST, the date/time is recorded correctly but the VM system (when I call in) says it was recorded 3 hours later.

New Poster

Try this:

Go to http://digitalvoice.comcast.net/.  Log in through the "Sign in with my User Name" section, using your email and email password.  This leads you to a page where you will be asked for several preferences, including what time zone you are in, as well as how many rings you want to have before vmail picks up.

I was only able to find out that there is a separate voice mail website by going into chat mode with a rep from the Xfinity website. 

New Poster

Thanks, I called tech support again. They passed it off to a second level rep. who found the time zone was set incorrectly on the backend, not in my preferences. Problem solved.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation