New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

fast busy

Valued Contributor

fast busy

Hi All

I have a new one for you(maybe not). 

I just got CDV installed;  I get  a dial tone, but when I attempt to dial out, I get a fast  busy signal( I can actually dial  all  of the phone number before I get the fast busy, btw)

In addition to that  when I dial my new phone number from another location(any location) I get a fast busy.  

Comcast  tells me that its ready to go, so they don't have any answers for me.  Not yet anyway.   Anyone else have that  same problem?

Thanx in advance

Xoanan
Most Valued Poster

Re: fast busy

Xoanan wrote:
Hi All

I have a new one for you(maybe not). 

I just got CDV installed;  I get  a dial tone, but when I attempt to dial out, I get a fast  busy signal( I can actually dial  all  of the phone number before I get the fast busy, btw)

In addition to that  when I dial my new phone number from another location(any location) I get a fast busy.  

Comcast  tells me that its ready to go, so they don't have any answers for me.  Not yet anyway.   Anyone else have that  same problem?

Thanx in advance

Xoanan

Check your voice mail
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Valued Contributor

No voice mail at the present time;  does it need to be set up before I can dial out?
Most Valued Poster

Xoanan wrote:
No voice mail at the present time;  does it need to be set up before I can dial out?

Voice mail is part of the pkg. Dial your own phone number and follow the instructions.
Valued Contributor

No  dice;

I tried calling my CDV phone from my cell and got a fast busy.  I tried calling my number from the CDV phone;  I didn't get a fast busy that time, but I also didn't get anything else.  Dead air
Most Valued Poster

Xoanan wrote:
No  dice;

I tried calling my CDV phone from my cell and got a fast busy.  I tried calling my number from the CDV phone;  I didn't get a fast busy that time, but I also didn't get anything else.  Dead air

Smiley HappySmiley Happy no you call your number from your number. Trust me.
Valued Contributor

Hi Naddie1

No luck ;  I tried your suggestion and I just get dead air,  I stayed on the phone for 5 minutes at least
Most Valued Poster

Xoanan wrote:
Hi Naddie1

No luck ;  I tried your suggestion and I just get dead air,  I stayed on the phone for 5 minutes at least

Did the guy/gal the did the install leave you a booklet. Black and it has all the instructions on how to. Look in the box that your modem came in. My tech gave me one. If they did not give you one, they should, PM  Geoff to get one.
Valued Contributor

Thanx, Naddie1 and all

I had a tech come out;  evidently the line was activated, but installation was never truly completed.  Now that it is, everything works.

Thanx again

Xoanan
Most Valued Poster

Xoanan wrote:
Thanx, Naddie1 and all

I had a tech come out;  evidently the line was activated, but installation was never truly completed.  Now that it is, everything works.

Thanx again

Xoanan

Glad that you got it all fixed. BTW in the future, that is how you will know that you have a voice mail. You should set it up, so that you can use it.Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

Coolio;

Thanx, Naddie1

Xoanan
Email Expert

Naddie, that's something that has always bugged me about voicemail services for homes. I've only ever used voicemail at work, and traditional answering machines at home. Office phone systems have a message light on the phone, and answering machines blink to indicate that there are new messages, so you can tell at a glance whether you need to check for messages.

It's always struck me as a poor design of residential voicemail systems that they don't have a visible indicator. Instead of the device "telling" you that there's a message, you have to "ask" it by picking up the handset. I'm not sure I could ever get in the habit of picking up the phone every time I come home, to see if there are messages.

But I guess voicemail providers have to use what's available to them. Office phone systems require special phones that can display the message light, but residential providers are stuck with the limitations of traditional POTS phones.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Hi,

If you have Caller ID.. ask your local phone company if they have "Visual Message Waiting Indicator"FSK

Or they might have "Burst Ring" your phone will ring with a "Burst" every so often.. to let you know, that you have a Voice Mail Message...

Most Valued Poster

Barmar wrote:
Naddie, that's something that has always bugged me about voicemail services for homes. I've only ever used voicemail at work, and traditional answering machines at home. Office phone systems have a message light on the phone, and answering machines blink to indicate that there are new messages, so you can tell at a glance whether you need to check for messages.

It's always struck me as a poor design of residential voicemail systems that they don't have a visible indicator. Instead of the device "telling" you that there's a message, you have to "ask" it by picking up the handset. I'm not sure I could ever get in the habit of picking up the phone every time I come home, to see if there are messages.

But I guess voicemail providers have to use what's available to them. Office phone systems require special phones that can display the message light, but residential providers are stuck with the limitations of traditional POTS phones.

I seldom use it, but when you have call waithing and a hubby that has lost some of his hearing and cannot always hear the bleep, it is handy for that. The rest of the time, I have an answering machineSmiley Happy
Regular Contributor

Barmar wrote:

Barmar, there are telephones and caller ID units out there that do have a light that shows if you have a new message waiting on your voicemail.  If you're in the market for such a phone, it's usually called a Message Waiting Indicator on the feature list and it will work with our Comcast Digital Voice service.

Geoff.
Contributor
Moved:

This post by Carmine13 and replies to it have been split to a new thread.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation