Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

e911 verify and verify cutover

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

e911 verify and verify cutover

I've gotten a voicemail instructing me to verify so they can ship my phone self install kit. They mention a form on the Comcast website, can't find that. Online chat yielded a phone number that did absolutely nothing. Calling Comcast/Infinity directly gets me to cable tv service, they transfer you to phone services and again nothing. I'm getting tired of running around in circles to get my phone self install shipped and completed, if I can't get some answers soon I guess I'll just leave my phone service with Clear and switch my internet service back to Clear. Hate to do that, but I'm running out of time and options.

Clyde

Accepted Solution

Re: e911 verify and verify cutover

Wildpaws, Please see your inbox.
View answer in context
Regular Contributor

Wildpaws, Please see your inbox.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Poster

Can you also please send me the form? I'm having the same problem. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor

My situation was escalated the day after my first post and resolved very quickly. Kudos to the Comcast team for following up!

Clyde

Regular Visitor

Slightly different user name as had to set up new primary account (per Comcast), an update to my earlier posts. Once my E911 issue was escalated, the support team did an excellent and timely initialization of phone service. Then my intermittent internet issues began (modem rebooting whenever it wanted to), phone calls, live chats, support forum, no one could fix it or offer solid advice until someone in the forum looked at  data from the modem and suggested that the modem was defective. Since I had a second modem here from the original self install, I asked about using that and was told yes, do so. I was talking to a support tech on the phone (my Comcast line), he asked for one of the Mac numbers from the new modem, the told me to unplug the modem and hook up the new one, duh, phone call lost, when new modem finished booting up, I now had stable internet, but no phone!! Some I'm back where I started with phone service, two plus hours and three chats later tonight and no phone, I've now been told by "advanced activation" that the local office needs to give their permission (shouldn't they know that from the beginning). And they say that the new modem might be defective. What do you have to do with Comcast service, order 20 modems to your address and hope at least one is not defective? My two months or so with Comcast Triple play has been a painful experience, other options are starting to look very good. HELP!!!!!

Clyde

New Poster

Can you me the form also?

New Poster

I need to do something with e911 before comcast can ship my cable modem.

need instructions or a link to a form..

New Poster

Where do I find the E911 verify form? 

New Poster

I got a call yesterday that I needed to do the e911 form, did it online and got another call today that I need to do it. Ugh I hope this isn't the beginning of a bunch of trouble with Comcast.
New Poster

here is the link www.comcast.com/eloa/e911
New Poster

I have filled this form out 3 times with confirmation on all three and I'm still getting calls. ????

New Poster

I got on chat with an agent last night because my promised equipment has yet to arrive and was told I had to do it again, even after i gave her my confirmation number from doing it on the 4th.  she then disconneced the chat.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation