Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

does the caller ID work with windows 10

New Poster

does the caller ID work with windows 10

I just upgraded to windows 10 and now my Xfinity caller ID will not work.Any hints or suggestions?

New Poster

Re: does the caller ID work with windows 10

More than likely it is not Windows 10 since I have had it working on WIndows 10 since shortly after July 29, 2015.

I belieive I got an email from Comcast saying they were doing away with the PC version of the caller ID offering.  As you can see from the text I pasted below it looks like we got a 2 week reprive before Comcast finally shut it down.

I was away from home of for the last week.

It was working before I left and now it is not working.

Please see the email from Comcast below that I copied fomr the following DSLReports URL

We're discontinuing
Caller ID to the PC

After careful consideration, we've decided to discontinue the Caller ID to the PC feature. Starting August 10, 2015, Caller ID to the PC will no longer work. No action is required from you. To uninstall this feature, please refer to the instructions for your computer's operating system.

Rest assured, with XFINITY® Voice service you can still access caller ID from:

• Your compatible home phone
• Any compatible mobile device using the XFINITY Connect app for iOS and Android, which is available to download
for free here.
• Or, on your TV, if you have XFINITY TV Digital Starter service or above (on compatible set-top boxes only, check to see if yours is compatible here).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have
any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our online chat support team at www.comcastsupport.com/EOS-EOL.

To learn more about caller ID, visit »my.xfinity.com/callerid/.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation