Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

cut off after talking for a while

Regular Visitor

cut off after talking for a while

i would like to know if i am on the phone say for an hour i get cut off i would like to know why.thank you wildwomen64

New Poster

Re: cut off after talking for a while

This phone service works over the internet and every now and then there is a hiccup. Probably not the best phone service to have if your continuously on the phone.

Expert

"Ricard0 wrote:

This phone service works over the internet"

Not totally true if you are referring to their in house CDV service. Although it is VoIP, it doesn't traverse the open internet or any third party backbones as do third party VoIP services like Vonage etc. .The packets traverse CC's local CRAN routers only and egress at a local switch where it interfaces traditional Telco lines.

New Poster

Do you agree that sometimes the cable bandwidth in the local area occassionally gets oversubscribed, resulting in TV video freezes, delayed web page loading, and temporary signal loss on the phone line? When your phone detects loss of signal it times out and dis-connects. If your phone has a setting for the length of "no signal" timeout, perhaps setting it to max value will help the problem.

New Poster

Same thing happens to me. I use my phone service with a dictaphone to type medical reports and every hour exactly, I get disconnected and have to sign back in. It will then disconnect again exactly an hour later and this goes on all day. Comcast told me they don't know why it is happening and will send out a technician. I have had the service for 9 months and this was not happening and everything was fine. But a few weeks ago, I had them give me a different phone number (and not publish it) because I was getting too many incoming phone calls (I had given the number out to NO ONE). Anyway, since getting the new phone number, the disconnects have been occurring. Coincidence??? Someone I work with told me the system may have been programmed to "Time Out" every hour, but Comcast told me this doesn't happen and I cannot find anything on-line to help me. 

New Poster

this also happens to me. every hour, on the dot, the call cuts off. it's ridiculous and it must be on Comcast's side to time out a call. this needs to be fixed.