Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

clicking noise whenever i talk on the phone

New Poster

clicking noise whenever i talk on the phone

when I talk on the phone, there is a constant clicking noise (about every 3 secons).  I hear this noise whether i am on a wireless home phone, or on a corded home phone.  this noise just started today.  the people I am talking to also hear the clicking. i even hear the noise just on the dial tone, before I dial a number, so I know the problem is with my set up.  any ideas on how to get rid of the clicking?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: clicking noise whenever i talk on the phone

Try hooking your corded phone directly to the modem rather than a wall jack.

New Poster

Re: clicking noise whenever i talk on the phone

I have a similar problem. It is not confined to my talking. I hear it during dialtone. It does not have a predictable clicking rate...at random times but typically less than 10 seconds and often less than 5 seconds between between them.

I disconnected the DHG modem and removed the battery. The battery seems pretty hot to the touch to me, but I had never checked it before so I have no reference. I let it cool, put it back in and reconnected it. After a few minutes I got dialtone again but the clicking remains. After I did the reconnect, I happened to be watching the DHG535 modem while listening to dialtone and noticed everytime I hear one of these clicks all but one of the LEDs on the DHG535 modem blinks. The one that doesn't blink is the one indicating power. All the others that are normally on (DS, US, Online, Tel1 and Battery) turn off long enough for me to notice (probably around 0.25 seconds).

Is this a problem with my modem? If so, what do I do about it?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation