Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

cant access vm

New Poster

cant access vm

had comcast installed last friday. we moved so this is all new and my old email still works but i cannot access my new vm. asked for security pin sent to my email address and it says it sends it but I never get it. Done this 12 or so times. help please

Silver Problem Solver

Re: cant access vm

you pin will be sent via postal mail in the first two weeks of service, not email.

New Poster

thats odd because it said it was sent to my email address. said nothing about usps!

Connection Expert

Your post was removed to a secure area out of public view because it violates forum posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines state >>> clickable link http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 which everyone should read BEFORE making a first post

Please don't;

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

Your full name
Your telephone number
Your Physical/Mailing Address
Email addresses
Credit Card numbers
Account numbers
Modem MAC addresses
Other personally identifiable information

Here is your post with the information removed;

This is what it says:

For security reasons, Voice management and billing information will be limited until you enter the security PIN we sent to your home address or email. If you did not receive a PIN, please request one

then I request it and now it says this:

Your PIN has been sent to
no where did it say sent via usps

Silver Problem Solver

Then the website either needs recoded or is wrong. Per FCC guidelines, new customers still in the first 30 days of phone service can only be sent their pin via postal mail. After that, it can be sent via email. So either wait 31 days since install and try again, or wait to receive the pin in the mail.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation