Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

can't get old phone number back

Regular Visitor

can't get old phone number back

Can anybody please help me? We moved about 3 weeks ago comcast supposed to transfer our service which they some how messed up ,after finally our TV ,phone and internet was working we found out that they gave us a new phone number been talking to comcast now for about 2 weeks to get our old number back and all they say is that it takes 24-72 hours ,so I wait and we still don't have our old number back ,I have been talking to at least 6-7 different representives from all different departments and all tell me the same ,wait 24-72 hours and you will have your old number back ,can anybody give some advice?

Problem Solver

Re: can't get old phone number back

It depends on where you moved. If you moved across a large town, there is no way they can port your number a lot of times. If you moved across a couple of states. Again they may not have a way to port the old number.
Regular Visitor

They already told me I can get my old phone number back ,I just wanted to know if there is anything else I can do,except call and receive the same responds wait 24-72 hours and then nothing happens

Problem Solver

You have to give the techs that handle these issues in house. If you have a support ticket number. You can go to the Comcast Direct Forum at dslreports.com and put in a request, to see what is taking so long.
Connection Expert
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation