Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

calls cutting out for what seems forever!!!

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

calls cutting out for what seems forever!!!

~sigh~  This has been going on for 2 years now especially problematic since I had the whole house wired up for

Xfinity. In the middle of a call  my voice cuts out, I can hear them but they can't hear me. Also, the quality of the call sounds iffy at best.

I also have the exact same problem when trying to use my Skype Voip phone. I've had multiple techs come out, they've checked inside the home &

outside the home. They said that there was an issue with the node somewhere in the neighborhood & since they

couldn't seem to locate any other issue. They assumed that after the node problem was fixed my problems would

be sorted. I waited for over a month but the problem is still here. ~sigh~ Had another tech come out last week & changed out

my modem & the problem is still here.  I'm on the end of the line if that means anything.   I think I've been more than patient &

I would love my service if it actually worked properly.  Help?

Accepted Solution

Re: calls cutting out for what seems forever!!!

Got another tech coming out tomorrow.  Talked to someone at Comcast & she suggested to tell the incoming tech to put an

amplifier on my line.  My line has been the worse it's ever been these past few days.   Smiley Sad   If it gets sorted out, I'll come back on

here & let you know what they did to solve the problem.  It seems like packet loss is the issue but I'll wait to see what they say. Ugh!

View answer in context
Contributor

Have same problem in Deerfield Beach Florida.  Changed base station on cordless phones--no change.  Been going on for quite a while, usually 15-20 minutes into call.....they can't hear me, I can hear them!  Seems to happen mostly to callers that also use cable voice service.

Regular Visitor

Got another tech coming out tomorrow.  Talked to someone at Comcast & she suggested to tell the incoming tech to put an

amplifier on my line.  My line has been the worse it's ever been these past few days.   Smiley Sad   If it gets sorted out, I'll come back on

here & let you know what they did to solve the problem.  It seems like packet loss is the issue but I'll wait to see what they say. Ugh!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation