Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

caller id

Regular Visitor

caller id

Hello,

New modem recently and caller id stopped working.  I understand it may need to be re-provisioned?  Can a comcast tech here on the forum do that via private message, or do I need to call them once again?  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: caller id

Hi, pbuum - I made some changes with your phone line, could you please let me know if it still says "private name/private number" when anyone calls? Thank you!

All Replies
Expert

pbuum wrote:

Hello,

New modem recently and caller id stopped working.  I understand it may need to be re-provisioned?  Can a comcast tech here on the forum do that via private message, or do I need to call them once again?  Thanks!

Call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR to ensure the CallerID rate code is active on your account.

Regular Visitor

Well, I've called Comcast twice, and had both CSR's tell me they have provisioned the modem and my caller id will now work.  One said it would take 6 hours to activate!  Neither worked, still get "private name/private number" when anyone calls.  Again, can a Comcast Tech here on the forum respond to this or give a better answer than call Comcast?  Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi, pbuum - I made some changes with your phone line, could you please let me know if it still says "private name/private number" when anyone calls? Thank you!

Regular Visitor

ComcastElla, thanks!

I think it's working again.  Amazing what Comcast Techs are able to do on this forum that multiple calls to that service line never accomplish.  Thanks again!

Official Employee

Thank you for using Xfinity Help & Support Forums! Please let me know if you get any issues, I'm here to help!