Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

caller id, connect over and over and over...annoying

Regular Visitor

caller id, connect over and over and over...annoying

My crapfinity Caller ID windows comes up over and over.

I click on Connect

Yet another windows opens saying 'you are logged in'

The stupid big black windows stays on screen and I have to minimize it.

Within 10 minutes or even less, I'll have to go through this routine again.

It AIN'T WORTH IT...I SPEND MORE TIME LOGGING IN AND GETTING THOSE STUPID SCREENS OFF MY WORK SO I CAN GET MY WORK DONE.

New Poster

New and Improved Caller ID to PC is ... not so much

PLEASE -- Fall back to the previous version of Caller ID -- It hasn't worked on my computer since I installed the not so 'new and improved' version.

Regular Visitor

Re: New and Improved Caller ID to PC is ... not so much

I haven't been able to use Caller ID since it was installed on 11.10.2011. Can you fix it so I can see who is calling me on my TV and Pc.

Regular Contributor

I agree.  I am in the Pittsburgh area.  There were a couple of upgrades to the software on my computer just recently, and it hasn't worked right sense.  The phone rings next to my computer and there is no display on the screen.  I check the status, and it is not connected AGAIN.  I continually have to monitor it to see if the connection was dropped.  Comcast, please test your software before sending it to the user community. And I strongly suggest going back to the older version until you figure out what is wrong.  Just before sending this message, I was disconnected again. It took three attempts before it reconnected.  Kept getting the "try again later."

Frequent Visitor

Well it may be new but it sure is not better.  I can't believe there's only 3 comments here, none of which are from Comcast.  The last 2 updates are junk.  Whenever I leave my computer idle for a while and come back it is invariably disconnected.  And I don't believe it works even when connected.  Fic it Comcast or Xfinity whoever you are these days.  

Cable Expert

There's other threads going with the same subject, one with 29 posts and one with 44.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Three weeks after I reported the problem, and other people reported it earlier, the problem is getting worse.  Just in the past 5 minutes, I was disconnected on Caller ID from my PC 3 times.  Fix it Comcast.  I know you want the message board to be sensitive to your employees who may be working on the problem, but enough is enough.  If you don't have qualified people to handle the problem, fire them and find some who are. I pay money for a service that is not working, and I am getting closer and closer each day to dump you again and go with a service that does work.

Regular Contributor

Well here we are some 7 weeks since my last post, and Comcast still can't fix the Caller ID problem on PCs.  I guess people have gotten fed up with mentioning the problem.  I went out and bought a $10 AT&T phone that has caller ID for our desk phone.  If you're interested, it's an AT&T 1909.  I now have two of these and have no complaints. It's a basic corded phone with the Caller ID display in the handset. I guess that's what it takes to work around another Comcast problem.

Frequent Visitor

My caller_ID for PC has quit working altogether.  When I launch the program and click on connect it pops up the message on the task bar and sits there forever saying: "Logging in as .......MY ID"  Yesterday I uninstalled it, downloaded and re-installed it.  Same crappy results.  I just try to remember to bring the cordless with me when I use the compiter.  I already have a cheap corded phone on the desk but I use that for my Magic Jack to call my brother in France for 2 cents a minute.  

Regular Visitor

Re: caller id, connect over and over and over...annoying

I have the same issue... have to sign into caller id over and over again. Whay can't you fix it????

New Poster

Caller ID not reliable

Caller ID to PC works only 50% of the time at best.  Even when it says it is connected it will frequently miss calls, and the rest of the time it frequently disconnects altogether and shows CIDPC070 error.  My laptop is running windows 7 home premium, 64 Bit SP1, 4GB memory, 2.2GHz Intel core duo 6600 processor.  Caller ID on TV seems more dependable but not 100%.  I downloaded and installed the app on 12 June 2012 so I assume I have current version but not sure...

Regular Visitor

Apparently Comcast people do not read or care about our problems.

Xfininity Caller ID is still going in and out, literaly dozens of time a day.

Supposedly, they monitor this list but nobody has called, written, me.

Probably becuase their Xfinity phone isn't working.....

Cable Expert

For the most part Comcast does not monitor these threads, I don't know where you would have gotten that idea, let alone expect a response from Comcast.

This is a community forum, and no one in the community has a fix, it's been broken for months.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I have called customer support for this problem and the CSR always tells me this problem has not been reported before.  PLEASE, EVERYONE, PLEASE CALL THIS IN.

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller ID not reliable

I agree with your comments about caller ID not reliable

New Poster

caller id doesnt work

I am having continuos problems with caller id  I have had voice with caller id for two months now and caller id rarely if ever works what is the problem?

New Poster

Re: caller id doesnt work

my caller id for my computa not workin

Regular Visitor

Re: Disable Caller ID

I'm experiancing problems with my comcast caller id on my computer. comcast told me to disable it then re-enable it . For the life of me I can't seem to find a way to do that . I've been trying for two days now and can't find a way to do that , I'm not even sure if it'll work , But I gotta try something , thankyou !

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID on laptop

Just reading these posts as I also have issues with caller id not working on my laptop. Has there been any response by Comcast to this issue? Here it is Dec 2012 and still it doesn't work. Thanks for any help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation