Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

call screening

New Poster

call screening

how do we get Comcast to add more than 12 call screenings at a time?  Who can we talk urge to change the present comcast policy to double (or more) the number of phone numbers that can be screened.  

At my house, we have gotten and contine to get so many 800 number calls that it's disrupting to every evening and often wakes us up in the morning.  

My opionion is that as many as 25 call screenings at a time is the minimum that should be allowed.  I'd like to see Comcast change it to 40 or more.  I don't understand the 12 screening limitation, does it cost Comcast more to have 40 screenings then 12?  A cost in this case doesn't seem realistic, so Comcast...why not just make it a 40 call sreenings service?  Help us out.

New Poster

Re: call screening

Put your number on the National Do Not Call List!
Regular Visitor

I have had all of my phone numbers on the Do Not Call list from the beginning. It does absolutely no good. IMO it is a national joke if not disgrace. I fully agree with the original poster. I need to be able to block at least 40 or 50 phone numbers. I am constantly changing the numbers on my current list of 12 numbers to try to keep the worst offenders at bay. Those of you who are away from your homes may not realize how annoying this is because most offensive callers just hang up when they get a voice message answer, but then call back later over and over again. Comcast: Please help us out!
New Poster

Comcast should create a 'whitelist' capability, and allow you to enter only the phone numbers which are allowed to go through. All the rest should go to voicemail. Or possibly an Area Code whitelist.  Alternatively, the capability to request the caller to enter a certain number in your greeting, for the call to go through. Robots cannot enter numbers. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation