call forwarding

New Poster

call forwarding

Hi; need help. Is there any way to set call forwarding so it only works
after 3 or 4 rings and no pick up?   thanx,  ciao, Bob
Contributor

Re: call forwarding

Hello parepeat:

Thanks for posting your question about the Call Forwarding feature on the CDV forum. Once you activate the Call Forwarding feature (selective or variable), you would not be able to answer the forwarded call from you home phone. You can find a description of the standard features by following this link: Making Calls and Using Features, and selecting the PDF link for Call Forwarding. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

modmlr

New Poster

When I had Vonage, I could set the call forwarding for simul ring so I didn't always have to remember to forward to my cell phone when I left the house. I'm responsible for an elderly lady and need to be able to get emergency calls 24/7 from her. This also solved the problem of what to do when the cable service went down because calls were already set to go to my cell phone. Will Comcast offer simul ring anytime soon?
New Poster

When my Comcast number was set up a few months ago, I insisted that this feature be installed.  The installer called someone at Comcast and they set it up so that the phone would forward after 4 rings.  It worked great for a while.

Now it has stopped working, and everyone at Comcast I call calims it never existed.  Very frustrating.

Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289