Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

annoying rapid pulsing sound

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

annoying rapid pulsing sound

Last week (Sept. 13, 2013) I had voice mail taken off my phone since I have my own answering maching. However the rapid pulsing sound when I pick up the phone is still there. I have called and spoken to and chatted on line about removing it so I can have a normal dial tone. It will be a week tomorrow and that annoying sound is still there. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: annoying rapid pulsing sound

It's Monday morning sept. 23, 2013 and my problem has been corrected. Thank you Comcast

View answer in context
New Poster

I am having the same problem - phone beeps when I pick up receiver but  the service says I have no voice mails.  Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

It's Monday morning sept. 23, 2013 and my problem has been corrected. Thank you Comcast

New Poster

I absolutely HATE the background feedback I can hear through our home phone service!!!!!!!!!!!  It is unusually weird, inconvenient & not-trustworthy as far as privacy on my home phone calls.  What is this and why is there always feedback, typing sounds & other unusual sounds coming through my telephone?  Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

Official Employee

Moore, you might see if your previous provider is hooked in at the nid at the side of your house, sometimes that can be the issue

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation