Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Xfinity Triple Play

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Triple Play

My service is being upgraded to Triple Play because of certain advantages and lower price. Right now I'm using my own very high speed modem and router. I really don't need the Comcast voice service. So can I still use my own modem and router that's connected now? Kp.
Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Triple Play

You can keep your own modem and router. They would bring an eMTA just for the phone. A lot of people have this kind of setup. The only thing is that Internet would not work if you were to connect a ethernet cable, or attempt to use wifi to the eMTA, to try and get Internet. You would still be able to connect to it to check your line stats, and reboot it.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your Reply. A Comcast representative has confirmed your reply.
Problem Solver

It happens, no problem. Usually you find out as soon as you post your question.  If they state that your signal is too hot, and put in a 4-way splitter, due to that is all they have.  You can get the In-Line Attenuators from Parts Express, for around $3, so you do not have a splitter with unused taps.

I had to go with a 6db inline attenuator on my line, to bring it down, due to the 7db 4-way was way too much.  I just tossed the splitter into my parts bin, in case I ever need it later on.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation