Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Who has my Phone number, NetTalk or Comcast??

Regular Visitor

Who has my Phone number, NetTalk or Comcast??

This is an issue that has been messed up for a LONG time now and recently thought about looking into it again.

I have had my home number since 97, about 4 years ago I tried NetTalk to save some $$$. The service worked well so I ported my number to them. Eventually called Comcast to cut out the phone service. Was given a price on double play then offered the triple play for even less? OK so I kept it and got a new number from Comcast I never used.

Eventually I decided to drop the netTalk and port my number back to Comcast. Thought it was simple enough but it wasn't happening. MANY calls to both parties and all I got was they haven't released it, yes we have....

Decided to forget it and keep what I had. Come to find out on a later bill that Comcast is saying my number is back to my old original number yet netTalk also claims they have that number still?? Neither company can tell me who actually has my number so I hate to cancel the netTalk account and loose my number for good.

Here is another weird thing that happens with both companies connected. 

* if someone that also has Comcast phone calls me my phone connected to the Comcast modem rings

* if anyone else calls me the phone connected to the netTalk device rings

* when I call out from either phone the reciever says they get my correct caller ID info

Hope this makes sense to someone out there.

Who has my number !

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation