Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Weird unsolveable problem

New Poster

Weird unsolveable problem

People call in and get fax machine, or goes to the voice mail or just dead signal. Had Comcast come out and completely go through the house to check wiring no issues found. The tech actually plugged in to the back of the modem with his test phone and received a couple of calls and then it started doing the same thing. He called in to a technician and they reset swiches worked for a few calls and started doing the same thing. Contacted a techincian in Denver and he reset some swiching and it worked for four days and now is back to doing the same thing. I contacted comcast and a tech called in and said I had a fax machine hooked up to my line, which I did not and then he said it was a problem in the NID, I then explained that the same issue happened with the techs phone hooked to the back of the modem and he then said he would have to talk to the dispatch group to try and fix this issue. Have had AT&T for over ten years with not one issue. This has been going on since it was install in March. It started just like another user's. Some calls got a fax machine sound. It just got worse from there. If any one elese has these issues and it was fixed let me know. There is also a short ring when calls end. Which others said was a provisioning error. I hope someone can help I am very close to plulling the plug.

Regular Contributor

Re: Weird unsolveable problem

try this

Contact Frank Eliason, NCO Customer Service Manager. Frank_Eliason@cable.comcast.com
He will get you in touch with a competent support technician in your area.

Keep us updated on the outcome.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
New Poster

Re: Weird unsolveable problem

I contacted Frank and he got results. Seems there were a couple of problems. Provisioning and the alarm system in my house was connected wrong. Evidentally the Security tech used the wrong color wires at the NID and the Comcast tech hooked them up by color. All is well as of now. Will know if it works longer than a couple of weeks. Also, this tech **bleep** near rewired the whole house. I was impressed. If it fails again I will be back. Thanks to all.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation