Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voicemail "From" has NO NAMES only NUMBERS (AGAIN!)

Regular Visitor

Voicemail "From" has NO NAMES only NUMBERS (AGAIN!)

Here we go again, today, all of the calls listed in Voicemail show the "From" as the callers number, and not their name.   This happened about 6 months ago too.  Only then, what we learned is the Phone Book (or Address Book, jeez why they don't give it ONE name...) CHANGED and then wanted to see a "+1" in front of every phone number in the Phone Book!  ARGH!!!! 

So we changed all 750 of our Contacts in BOTH Outlook and in the Comcast/Xfinity Phone Book and added the +1 in front of EVERY contacts land/cell numbers (about 2000 CHANGES).

Today, 1/22/2012, all of our Voicemail messages callers displayed, are back to just numbers, and NO names!

Sure enough, if we go into the Comcast Address book, and now REMOVE the +1, AMAZING, the name now displays for that person.

I am NOT prepared to make another 2000 changes to our Outlook Contacts, and THEN to our 800 or so Comcast Phone Book. 

PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS and do this:

1) STOP making changes like this that breaks everyone's Comcast Phone Book, causing us to make manual changes in there and OTHER feeding Contacts lists.

2) Provide us NOW with an automated tool to CLEAN UP this mess you've created across our phone books, both in Comcast Phone book and any other address books that we've tried to sync with.

3) Give us simple/clear tools to sync Outlook Address Book with Comcast Phone Book.  Plaxo does not do the job well AT ALL.

I most definitely have a love/hate relationship with Comcast/Xfinity.  I love the speed, I dislike the high price, and a HATE the stupid changes that are made that negatively impact millions of users like myself.

TechnoMonster

New Poster

Re: Voicemail "From" has NO NAMES only NUMBERS (AGAIN!)

I have the same problem except that when I recently obtained Comcast internet phone, the names were listed in voice mail even though I had nothing in my "address/phone" book.  I believe this is suppossed to work like regular Caller ID with the name of the caller listed automatically.  Automatic caller ID apparently happens in Missed Calls and Answered Calls.

I believe this is a programming error and should be corrected by Comcast.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation