Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Voicemail box "not in service"?

Regular Visitor

Voicemail box "not in service"?

I reactivated a second phone line to my home (thought it would be easy since I had this service before, just a matter of flipping a switc....I thought) . It has been a comedy of errors trying to get it to work, and countless calls to Comcast with varying success.

It appears I can now make and receive calls, but I cannot set up voicemail.  When I press *99, I get a recording that says "The mailbox number you are trying to reach is not in service."

Can someone please help or advise.  I can't bear to call Tech Support again today, but I will if I have to.

New Poster

Re: Voicemail box "not in service"?

did you find an answer to this... i have the same issue ???

Regular Visitor

After going thru 5 techs, I finally got someone who knew the right button to push. I have no idea what they did. :-). Now my voicemail works, but the new voice line is not visible on the comcast website to allow me to update preferences or view call history. At my wits end. It should not be this difficult.
New Poster

NO service with the mud heads at comcast,  every imbecile wants to know account numbert, address, on and on!  SUCKS!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation