Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voice states "Awaiting Activation"

New Poster

Voice states "Awaiting Activation"

We upgraded to TriplePlay yesterday to include phone (voice). The phone works, dail tone, voicemail setup. However when I try to setup the app on my iphone it won't allow me to setup a pin. When i go online to my account the status of voice is "awaiting activaition" I've spoken to three reps now.

****Just spoke to another rep, reset my modem. Got a pin to me but still having the issue when I am trying to get it setup on my phone and/or computer app.

Help

Regular Visitor

Re: Voice states "Awaiting Activation"

Also having same issue. This morning phone service cut out as did internet service for a short time. What is the issue with "voice activation" not being completed but the rest of Triple Play is fine? 

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

UPDATE: Hopefully problem resolved. Went to Infinity Chat and the agent did something on her end to activate the Xinfinity Voice. She did say it may take 24 hrs to show up on My Account. Hope this helps someone else.

New Poster

Most of it works as it's advertised. However I am still unable to get caller id on my tv. Oh well
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I've called customer service and tried chat. I was supposed to get a call back, but still no joy. My phone works fine. I was able to dial in and set up a PIN so I can access voicemail that way. It's just annoying that I can't access it from Connect and seeing the status as "Awaiting Activation" whenever I login.
New Poster

Same thing with me. I had my triple play installed about 2 months ago, but on My Services on site still says voice is "Awaiting Activation". Everything from the phone itself works fine, but cannot access any voice features online or on iPhone.  This is annoying.  Have tried a chat and a phone call, but neither worked. This really shouldn't be that difficult. Activate my voice!

Silver Problem Solver

Send an Email to we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all account details, phone number on the account Ect; Also include a good contact number, they usually call the same day

New Poster

On the 3rd try a great tech was able to resolve for me, thanks!
Silver Problem Solver

Perseverance is the key.. Pleased you got there. Smiley Happy

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation