Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voice mail missing

Contributor

Voice mail missing

my phone says I have a new voice mail, but when I go to Xfinity Voice there is no message there that I can listen to.

New Poster

Re: Voice mail missing

Hi,  I have the same problem, as of this afternoon.   I can access my voicemail through my phone, but not through my computer.  And, when I click on any of the links that send me to "voice", all I can see are a list of calls by type:  1) Missed  2)Received 3) Placed.   This lists all calls, but no voicemails.  

Now, I just accessed my voicemail messages by computer last week, and downloaded a ton of them, without any problem.  So glad you made your post as I have been trying to figure this out for an hour.  I am now giving up until later, becuase I have to go somewhere.

New Poster

I am having the same problem, the call log is there but not visible voice mail

Frequent Visitor

I am currently in a chat support with them to let them know of the issue.

Frequent Visitor

They had to escalate the issue farther up the chain.  I have a referrence number but it is connected to my account.  Smiley Wink

Hopefully we will know something soon.  I also suggested that they allow for screen shots so that we can show what we are experiencing on our side.  

Regular Visitor

Yep, me too, all my voicemail messages are gone.  Bummer

Contributor

I called and talked to tech rep that said he would escalate to someone else and get back to me within 2 hours, but it has now been 8 hours and no response from Comcast.

New Poster

Online, I can see a list of missing messages, but all show 0 seconds. When I click on the mewage, there is no play option. 

Regular Visitor

I, too, am having this problem.  I can only access the spoken voice mail via telephone  *99.  And when I click on the voice mail message (email), only lists the missed, etc. phone numbers.

Yesterday I was having problems accessing my email account.  Tried this a.m. and it's working. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Same problem for me on September 26, 2014.  No voice mails showing on computer - just type of calls.  My husband left me a message - but no way to retrieve it.

Frequent Visitor

I don't see a response from anyone at Comcast about this.  At least tell us it's being worked on to correct it - something!  Not to worry - they'll fix this as soon as they fix the call screening problem - wait that's been going on for years!

Regular Contributor

I noticed the same problem yesterday and called Tech Support and the woman told me there must be something wrong with my computer. I told her that was not possible and she put me on home and then disconnected me.

I called back and the tech told me she had personally verified the problem after talking to 5 people reporting the same issue. She said that it has been esclated but as of Saturady afternoon it's still not working.  Come on Comcast, at least tell us you are aware of the problem and are working on it.  I'm paying for this service and expect it to work.

New Poster

Wow. So many people from so many places.  I was in the chat room so long.... well, anyway. I think the chat room just has

robots sort of like that 8-ball game where you ask a question and something like 'not at this time' or 'perhaps' shows up. At least it's a universal problem.  I did notice that when I looked at my husband's email he actually had the text of a voicemail. I asked if he had clicked on some 'preference' item to not allow me to get voicemail, but he says never... at least not on purpose. When will this be solved?

Regular Visitor

24 hours later, problem not resolved or even acknowledged!

Regular Visitor

I for one, am going to demand a credit on my bill refunding the cost of the service for the time it has not been functioning.  After all, why should I be paying for a service that doesn't work?

New Poster

I also am having this issue.  I noticed it yesterday, but thought it was a temporary glitch.  It's very annoying now...I hope this is fixed sooner than later.  I am guessing that they are not in a rush to fix it since there other ways of checking your voicemail. 

Frequent Visitor

Just got off chat with Comcast.  I was told since this is a nationwide occurance that it has top priority and will be fixed within the next 24 hours.

New Poster

Been 2 days with same issue, talk with them, reset voice mail, doesn't help, don't know what else can I do! !!
New Poster

Thank you, Airdoc. Maybe Comcast will actually follow through on their promise to you!

Contributor

I have this problem, too.  I can't access voice mail from the web site or via the Xfinity Connect app on either my iPhone or iPad. 

I can access the messages via phone.  And I do get Speech to Text emails on the messages. 

I called on 9-26 and talked to a tech.  She understood that I had a problem via app or web accesss.  However, since I had phone accesss, she didn't think it was a problem.

Called back again yesterday and spent nearly an hour on the phone with a really helpful tech, but she was unable to fix anything despite resetting/rebooting every device in our house.  She did escalate the problem, but was unaware of it before my call.  However, even her own account was goofy by this time. 

After talking to someone else, she told me that the problem should be fixed in 24 to 72 hours.

New Poster

So if Comcast is aware of the problem, why don't they post a message to let people know instead of letting us get frustrated and have to call for assistance to find out?

Contributor

Soooo, things are a bit better this morning.  The Voice Mail area is back now when I go to my account via a browser.  And it's back on the iPad.  But *not* my iPhone 5s running IOS 8.0.2.  FWIW there was an update for the Xfinity Connect app on both devices, which I installed.  I then tried resetting the iPhone.  Stil no Voice Mail access.  The Voice Mail section is there, but shows an error message...

OK - it began working just as I was typing this message.  So all is good in Voice Mail Land for me once again.

Frequent Visitor

I have had the same problem since yesterday morning, possibly Saturday eve. Text & email working fine. Voice: no voicemail or call log, no saved history info. When I try to retrieve it, it says approx: " xfinity cannot access your call log. Please try again later or contact cust svc..."
Caller hears outgoing message & thinks he or she is leaving message, but I cannot get to it thru connect app. I am reluctant to delete & reinstall, bc I don't want to lose all my contact data. Please advise. Thank you
Official Employee

Hi all,

We are aware of the issue and working on it. By tomorrow, it should be resolved I believe.

It affects Xfinity Connect only, so telephone interface should be fine.

Thank you for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you
Frequent Visitor

I just got an email in very fine print supposedly from Comcast Online Service talking about how their system was attacked by mar-ware.  It states that they need your full name, user name and password.  Nothing official looking so it is a scam - do not give this info to them.

Comcast - here is the address:  web-office12@rogers.com

New Poster

Friday they it would be done by Saturday

Sunday they said it would be Monday

Now its Tuesday.

Don't make me do a survery after this -ok?

Regular Visitor

I also have no voice mail or caller ID for over 2 days, when it Called again ( 3rd time)
I was taken aback when the comcast tech asked me for my user name AND password,
I told her never had I been asked my password...she then said she could proceed without
But would have to escalate this ticket to next level....so still unresolved ....are they suppose
To ask your password ? Did not give ....
Contributor

I was missing my voice mail messages, but today they appeared. So my problem is resolved.

Contributor

I just got a followup call from Comcast on the problem.  Guy said it should be fixed now and it is for me.  My wayward Voice Mail actually reappeared this morning.  The guy said it was a software glitch. 

New Poster

Day 4 - still down. You have to love it

Frequent Visitor

Mine is fixed as well. Thank you
Frequent Visitor

I am also having an issue with my voicemail on the computer.  The voicemail tab in connect has completely disappeared.  I called support yesterday and was issued a ticket #.  I was told the issue would be resolved and I'd be called.  Today I called back because I had not heard anything.  I was told the issue had been resolved (even though I was looking at the screen and could tell it had not been).  Then they said they would reopen the claim and let me know.  Can anyone help by giving me information on who or how they got theirs fixed?!?!  I rely on this feature daily and miss it dearly!!!!  Thanks. 

Frequent Visitor

I believe this problem is due to the IOS 8.0 upgrade. I lost all my existing voice mails on my iPad 3 after this install and have not gotten any new ones since.
Frequent Visitor

I've seen that in previous posts.  Unfortuantly I'm running windows on a desk top.  Thanks though.

Frequent Visitor

Day 5 and I have gotten another call from them to follow up to see if it has been resolved when THEY asked me to notify them for a credit on my account when it is fixed.  Do they seriously think that if it was resolved that I would not immediately call them for my credit.  They are just lucky that I am not calling them and saying, "Nope people, it is still not working, what are you going to try now, the same thing, again and again?"

Growl.... 

Contributor

All methods are working for me now.  I had no problems with email - only voice mail.  If you're still having problems...

IOS - If you're running IOS 8, there is a new update out - IOS 8.0.2, which might help.  Also the Xfinity Connect IOS app has been updated in the last day or so, so try installing it.

Windows access via a browser.  Try restarting the browswer, clearing the cache and cookies, and rebooting your computer.

My fixes didn't appear all at the same time.  My iPad began working first, then my Wndows Internet Explorer and Chrome on my PC, and finally my iPhone a few hours later.  It may be that the fix is takng a while to propigate system wide. 

New Poster

As I spent so much time 'complaining' , I figured i should let you know my problem is fixed. The voice mail works fine and

that annoying 'new voicemail message' is gone from my phone handsets.  Thanks to the 6 Comcast representatives from all over the world who helped out during this past week.   Just a thought: Comcast might just admit they are having problems instead of letting each person think their problem is unique.

New Poster

Mostly everything seems fine for me now, too, though some of the calls listed as "missed calls" on my voice menu were actually left as voice mails and the text of those calls was never recorded. (All missed calls show 0 seconds.)

Frequent Visitor

Well they really messed up this time.  It doesn't even show my phone number or any of the items that were there before. 

My son has one of their personal numbers you can get, it displays his number now with all the stuff it was displaying for us before, VM, Missed, Recieved and Placed Calls, BUT WAS NOT displaying the VM for the main account phone number.  It was only showing Missed, Recieved and Placed calls but not showing the area for the VM.  However it would alert me that I had VMs and how many was supposed to be there.  So, if I want to retrieve my voice mails I have to use the phone, well that doesn't work when someone is using the phone.  *Rolls Eyes*

Regular Visitor

Voice mail problem. Still not working.

New Poster

Hi All, Just wanted to let you know that web access to my voicemail is now working.  Can't say when the fix occurrred, as I just checked it now.  Still getting used to using this forum, which is VERY helpful.  FYI, I am running Windows Vista and using Google Browser

Frequent Visitor

Comcast, where are you? My voice mail is STILL down too! It's now October 2.
Regular Contributor

Similar problem here... my V-Tech cordless home phone has "NEW VOICEMAIL" in the display, and the dial tone has the pulsing indicator of a voicemail but the mailbox is empty. Also, on my I-phone Xfinity Connect App, there is a red circle "1" on the VOICE tab indicating one message, but when you press it, it opens up with "NO VOICEMAIL." I tried to call myself, leave a message, then delete that message, but no luck. I see some have had this reolved but they did not say what the fix was. Please post if you know how to fix this. Thanks!

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Who do I have to contact to resolve this issue.  From the forum it seems like other peoples are working now, but I am still missing te icon

Regular Visitor

I still have the same problem. After my last post here I got a dumb e-mail from Comcast telling me how to get a text copy of my voicemail sent to my email. That does NOT fix my problem ...........My problem is hearing or clearing voice mail messages.  When I first open Xfinity it says I have two voice mail messages. I select it and my next screen has no options to hear or select as heard of the voicemails. I do still see my voicemail text in e-mails as I want.

Frequent Visitor

I have an issue with voicemail I see a list of number but there is no option to listen to the messages on even when I add the transcript option there is usually a message in transcript I have this issue for three days if someone can tell me whats going.

New Poster

kleinda2 wrote:

my phone says I have a new voice mail, but when I go to Xfinity Voice there is no message there that I can listen to.

unable to set pin

New Poster

So, is Comcast actually working on this? I can't access online or through the IPad app.
Frequent Visitor

Good question! I think all their resources are directed to squeezing more money out of their customers while giving the illusion of customer service. This is truly a slimy corporation.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats