Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Voice (landline) does not work despite several calls and chats to Comcast

New Poster

Voice (landline) does not work despite several calls and chats to Comcast

I have very sporadic voice connectivity with the Comcast/xfinity landline which has not been a big deal since I added the bundle (cable/net/voice) a few weeks ago as most all my personal calls are by cell.

Yesterday I started a teleremote job from home requiring my landline (why I got the bundle), and the line is dead.  I've heard excuse after excuse since yesterday morning and spent ANOTHER 90 minutes last night on chat support doing ALL the maneuvers to no avail, with the chat ending "a higher tier tech level will call you back WITHIN AN HOUR"  of course, noone called.  At all.

Today I've had dial tone for about 10 total minutes but otherwise it's entirely dead.  I cannot work.  I'm grateful someone invented a cell phone (how would I call 911 since my LANDLINE is dead?).  The only good thing is I suppose someone from Comcast called this am and told me the problem is def on their end and I should have service within 24 hours.  Twelve hours now, no dial tone.  Can't wait until tomorrow when I am supposed to be earning some much needed money and Comcast will drop this ball again.  Did I mention I'm thankful for the cell since I don't have to worry about not being abel to dial 911?

- about two strokes from going to Century Link

New Poster

Re: Voice (landline) does not work despite several

We have had a very simular problem for over a month now.  Almost every day our internet and phone connection goes down.  Unfortunately for us, we have no cell service at our home location.  So in order to report it we have to drive into town then call, can't do much troubleshooting that way.  I'm locked into a 2 year contract and only getting about half the service time I was promised.

Good luck, I'm sure they'll say it's something else.

New Poster

Same here...spent 90 minutes on June 14 w/ a tech...no dial tone.  Am currently just back from a trip and have the same problem today..no landline dial tone.  Am typing this while waiting for the 'analyst' to reboot my phone from the server.  Just drove 600 miles...is this what I want to be doing?  No, but I have a hronically ill person in the house and poor cell reception.  BTW, several of my neighbors have had the same issues over the past few months w/ their Xfinity service.  

New Poster

How about having your business's number of 17 years taken out of service without notification or request? Multiple calls over the past two weeks with all resulting in promises to fix the problem or call backs that never occur. How about losing business at a rate of $15k per day due to this mishap? I have made 8 calls and have spent hours trying to get the number restored. The customer service reps try their best to help me, but the problem continues unabated. Are there any attorneys out there with experience in this area? I calculate a loss of $5M within a year.
New Poster

SAME PROBLEM! They sent me a new "self installation kit" modem because of "upgraded" service in our area. Plugged everything in and called to "activate". Have t.v. and cable but no phone. After 3 1/2 hrs calling from cell phone and on line tech support, they tell me they will send tech to my house in FIVE days OR I can call another phone number to find out where to take modem to swap it out (BRAND NEW one doesnt work?) AND I cant rehook up old one because everythings programmed and activated to new modem!  I swear this time I REALLY am done with Comcast !  I dont have many options other than dish network but I would think it must be better. SO SICK of their supposed improvements and upgrades when their exsisitng service is so bad already. MOST agents seem scripted but nice and I feel sorry for them.Then there are the ones who say they will call back and don't or their online chat snarky agents that get you nowhere. Never been so frustrated with any company in my life.

New Poster

UPDATE to previous post:  Tech came Thursday, although he was given a different time window from the one I was given.  Fortunately I had printed the transcript of my conversation with on line  support and could show him. Prbolem w/ land line:  Apparently there are a couple of switching areas and somehow my land line was migrated to as new one w/o the correct switch being implemented.  Had to laugh..it took a 'high tier' tech to figure out it was plugged in wrong.  This from the same folks who always ask me to check the plugs FIRST.    Another funny moment: the tech on hold w/ the tech people for 10 minutes.........  Anyway, up and running, hope it's done now.  Tech guy was great.

New Poster

I am having basically the same problem with my Comcast phone line.  Ever since they sent me the new WI-FI modem, I have nothing but problems.  Now, my landline phone calls don't let me answer the phone when I am sitting right next to the phone.  It either goes directly into voice mail or if by chance the phone does ring, when I answer it, nobody can hear me and I can't hear them.  It is the most frustrating thing.  I am at my wits end with comcast, and I am in a quandry here because Verizon has not hooked up with Comcast and there is no FIOS in the area I live in.