Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voice intermittent break-up/distortion

Contributor

Voice intermittent break-up/distortion

Issue: About 10 minutes into a call, the voice starts breaking up. This last for 3-4 minutes, then it becomes clear again. About 20 minutes later, it happens again. Becomes an real issue during long conference calls.

Been working this issue since porting over from CenturyLink several momths ago (where it was never an issue).

1st chat session: Conducted health check - not resolved.

Tech visit: A number of tech visits. Replaced/tightened connections - not resolved.

Latest chat session: Please follow these steps to reset and refresh the settings of your cordless phone.
1. Hang up the handset on the base station. Then disconnect the phone base station from the power and wall outlet.

2. After that, about 10 seconds reconnect the base station and it should be powered back on with the hand set still hung up. Doing this should force synchronize the handset channel to match the base station channel so they can communicate.

Resolution: This seems to be helping.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Voice intermittent break-up/distortion

Have the issues continued or has it remained well for you? -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have done everything you have listed and I still have this problem.  My phones are not connected to the wall jacks even though that is what I prefer but the technician said just being connected to the modem was best but it isn't for me and they will not change it.  If I could use another service I would.

New Poster

Comcast refuses to fix this problem> I have talked to alot of people in my area who have the same problem. It's time for a class action suit to get this resoved.We pay good money for worthless service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Update: This issue persisted until I upgraded to Xfinity X-1. I suspect the modem upgrade handles VOIP better.

New Poster

I pay to much money to Comcast to do all that s---. They should fix it. They don't have to jump thru hoops for my money!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Still not working right, but you still want paid. Time for the CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I have this same problem. I have not called Comcast because I figured they wouldn't do anything except tell me how to try and fix it. I have been down that road before. 

New Poster

Same problem here. None of the solutions listed in this thread help any at all. The distortion is very annoying and disturbs the conversations. I had nothing but bad experiences with VOIP services. I'm considering cancelling voice service and sticking to my cell phone.

New Poster

Here's another victim.  Same story: works fine for the first few minutes, then goes to pot and stays that way.   Clue: During the call I'm texting other participants and everyone has perfect audio except one other person -- she's also on Comcast phone about a mile from me (i.e. same service area).  

I've been through Comcast troubleshooting for TV and Internet issues. I don't have hours to waste on this one, and in my experience they won't look into it until I "do my part."

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation