Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Voice install no access to online preferences

New Poster

Voice install no access to online preferences

Had just moved to a new house and 2nd day in the house we had an appointment for voice/internet install.  I never got to get involved with the workings of the voice service until 2-3 days later. 

So I am now realizing I cannot go into my voice settings account online and get to any of my voice preferences.  Each time I click the icon for voice it just takes me to a screen that tries to sell me the voice service which I am already subscribed to.  I can get to my voicemail from *99 on the phone and set up my voicemail greeting and password, but no other settings.

After 4 days of troubleshooting with the techs and comcast nicely not calling me back at the scheduled time today, I am at my wits end to get this resolved.  When I called today to see what happened to my troubleshooting call back between 9-12 I was simply told the tech did not put in the ticket correctly and they re-scheduled another call back for tomorrow night.

How can I get to my preferences for voice/voicemail???

Seems like an internal programming glitch...

New Poster

Re: Voice install no access to online preferences

I am having the same problem.  The techs act like they dont know the problem. I was transferred to a new signature dept and want to charge to fix it

Silver Problem Solver

It is probable a coding that they need to add on your account. Call 1-800 comcast and ask them to check it out.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here, the voice preferences says I don't have Xfinity Voice.  The level 1 person didn't know what to do; the level 2 person was just as confused and opened a ticket... which she said won't have an update for 24 hours. Not a good way to start out!

New Poster

Comcast has been calling all weekend leaving messages for me about the service trouble.  It's too bad they never called during the scheduled 9-12 timeframe or the 5-9 timeframe when I was actually home to field the calls.

They still seem to think that I am having trouble with my service, but that is not it at all.  Like many of you have said it's a problem getting to the preferences online to make changes to the service.

All the messages they have left have been virtually unrecognizable.  I can't understand a word they are saying.  Guess I need to spend another hour on the phone with first level tech support who will tell me they have to open a ticket and someone will call within  the next 24 hours....GREAT!!!

New Poster

WOW, just talked to someone new at a number left as a call back from a voicemail from Sunday.

In a matter of a few keyboard clicks and two minutes later everything is now working!!!

How easy was that?  You just need to get to the right person and they can solve it.

I called 877-257-1982 option 1 twice and give the person your ticket number and explain the online preference problem.

Good luck to those trying.

Frequent Visitor

Tried calling the number you gave, but they said they couldn't help me but would ask the correct department to call me back about my ticket.  I received a call late this afternoon... he had to call me back, but when he did, it was fixed.  When I asked what was wrong, it just said it was something at their end.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation