Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Voice crackling

New Poster

Voice crackling

Called to my Comcast digital voice home line from another phone - My voice was coming through with no problems, but I was hearing very badly the person answering to me. The voice was "jumping" between syllables - so it was sort of like hearing some "packets" coming through and missing the others.
I know that one of my computers at home was downloading a large file via FTP at that time. Once download has completed the problem seemingly went away.
Should I expect such problem always while using FTP? Are there ways to investigate and resolve the issue? 
Regular Contributor

Re: Voice crackling

You shouldn't have that problem at all.  I would try resetting the eMTA.  CDV is a not like other VoIP providers it works independently of your HSI connection.  That's why some times you can have HSI but no CDV or vice versa.  I have had the crackly noise before every so often and reset the modem.
I would try resetting it then try a FTP again.  If it is still doing it I would open up a ticket to have comcast look at your account and modem.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation