Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Voice Modem Needed - Please Advise- Very Confused!

Regular Visitor

Voice Modem Needed - Please Advise- Very Confused!

We have Triple Play, Performance Pro, Blast Internet.  Recently we replaced our internet router with a purchased Arris SBG6580 which sits in our kitchen.    Everything seemed fine. The separate voice modem was an old RCA Model DHG535-2 which was with the hoome when we bought it.  It has been in the garage working for 5 years.

Now 2 weeks later, I have no dial tone on the home phone lines, and there is no power going to the old RCA voice modem.  I assume it has died and I need to replace it.  We have one home phone line with 5 hand helds throughout the house. 

Can the Arris SBG6580 work as an internet and voice modem?  If not, what specific Comcast approved eMTA voice modem should I buy? Or do  I need somethign else?  Thanks!!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Voice Modem Needed - Please Advise- Very Confu

That has no EMTA.

Approved devices are here

Regular Visitor

Thanks - I have looked at that list, but how do you know which ones are e-MTA ??

Bronze Problem Solver

The ones that say TELEPHONY in the description.

Only one on the list approved with the RETAIL Purchase check mark it seems.  Another Gateway modem/router device.  You can call the local franchise and ask if there are other Customer Purchase approved telephony modems.

Or you might private message ComcastFrancisc and ask him, he is a comcast employee.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation