Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voice Mail probles

Frequent Visitor

Voice Mail probles

When I got your phone service I didn't need Voice Mail but you gave it to me anyway.  It picked up a couple of messages, I think welcome ones from you.  I had the service removed, but the messages stayed, and every time I pick up the phone I get a "beep, beep,....., beep" then dial-tone.  Now I have new phones that thinks you have messages for me, and displays "VM waiting" all the time. It says I need an access code, which I don't have since I don't have your VM service.  I had one of your tech clear out the messages but I still set the VM waiting signal and my phone still thinks you have messages for me.  A real "Catch 22".

ED

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

Re: Voice Mail problem

--

Sorry about the issues with you voicemail.

There are a few things that we can do to resolve this matter. Together we can determine what your voicemail access code is and do some troubleshooting on our end to make sure that the message waiting light is refreshed and making sure that you don't have any voicemails on your comcast phone line.

I will need some account information in order to assist youw with troubleshooting.

In a private message can you send me your account number, name and phone number, also can you copy and paste your issue in the body of the email as well.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

--

I received your message with your phone numbers and as I look into your account I am not showing that you have Comcast voicemail. Do you have an answering machine or answering service on your line? If you do not have either I will escalate. Please let me know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

Yes that is the problem. 

I have a answering mechine and didn't need Comcast's voice mail. 

Comcast gave me Voice mail when my service was turned on.  I didn't want it and  never set up an access code.  I think Comcast sent me some welcome messages that went to VM.  I called Comcast and had then turn off the VM, but the messages didn't clear. 

Every time I pick up the phone we get the signal that we have a message in the Comcast VM.  That was OK until I got a new phone system that reads the signal and tells me I have a Voice Mail Message

That is the "catch 22" I don't have Comcast Voice Mail,  but it's sending me a signal I have mail.

Yes please escolate my problem.

ED

Problem Solver

----

Sorry about the voicemail issues. I have escalated your issue and someone will be on contact with you soon.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Regular Contributor

Typically voicemail stays on by default and although you have an answering machine occasionaly you will run into a situation where someone might be directed to the voice mail E.G. call waiting or if there is a service outtage.  Your best bet would to find out your login for the voicemail, clear it out when needed, and just have your answering machine pick up on the 4th ring as you likely have been doing.  

Frequent Visitor

A Service Manager called last night at 8:30 and agreed that my problem was a "Catch 22"  He put in a service ticket and this morning it's fixed. 

ED 

Frequent Visitor

Ronny,

My Comcast voice mail is deactivated, dead, non exesitant, turned off,  Comcast has confirmed that to me a number of times.  I also have call waiting deactivated.  I have my answering mechine set for 6 rings, becaues of the distance to get to some phones in my house.  Anyway they fixed it last night.

ED

Problem Solver

---

I am glad that you were contacted and your issue has been resolved.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Regular Visitor

HELP!! I've got the same problem. When I got the phone service, I had voicemail and call-waiting turned off. Then about 6 weeks ago, Comcast suddenly activated my voicemail. I've been trying ever since to get rid of the stutter-dialtone and the VM message display on my phone screen. After numerous trouble calls, none of their techs have succeeded yet!

KEISHA — please do for me whatever you did for Valkyrie15. My most recent ticket # is CR268171534.

Please HELP!!

Regular Visitor

My problem was suddenly resolved on Nov. 7. My phone no longer shows that there's a voicemail message and the stutter-tone is gone. I don't know who to thank, but after 6 weeks and who-knows-how-many phone calls, I wonder if just changing my phone service wouldn't have been simpler. Comcast can't seem to manage, or even comprehend, their own systems. Technology – the curse is worse than the benefit!

Problem Solver

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation