Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Voice 2go text messaging won't work

New Poster

Voice 2go text messaging won't work

I need help getting my Voice 2go text messaging working. I'm very frustrated right now, but I don't know how else to get the actual help I need.

Here's the story:

Several days ago, I set up Voice 2go. I tried to use the text messaging feature on the Xfinity website and got an error message: "Delivery Error." I tried using the Xfinity Connect app on my iPad, and that didn't work, either - no error mesage, it just sits there for a while saying that it's sending, but it never does. However, the phone call feature works on the iPad.

I contacted technical support and after establishing that the problem was almost certainly on Comcast's end (tested on the aforementioned tablet and two different laptop computers running two different web browsers), the agent advised me to wait six hours for the system to "sync" and try again. I did, and it still did not work, so I elected to give it more time.

We jump to this afternoon where I tried again and it still failed. I hopped onto chat for help. After once again establishing that the problem was almost certainly on Comcast's end, the agent requested that I log out of the Comcast services. I did so...and this killed the chat. When I logged back in, the agent was gone and the chat was marked as "resolved."

In frustration, I resorted to calling the toll-free number. Getting the first agent to understand the problem was like pulling teeth. He eventually realized (wait for it...) that the problem was on their end, so he transferred me to advanced support. Problem: the next person didn't know what to do either and offered to transfer me again. I accepted...and was transferred back to the main menu! And for some reason, every time my call was transferred the call quality got worse. (I was on my Verizon cell phone, so...?) At this point, I gave up.

I need someone who knows what they're doing at Xfinity / Comcast / Kabletown / NBC / whatever-the-heck-you're-calling-yourselves-today to fix this and contact me. I'm very frustrated, and not just because this feature isn't working as it should. Comcast's support in this matter has been lackluster at best.

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Voice 2go text messaging won't work

Update: after a six-day delay, Comcast's Voice Team has fixed the problem. 

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Hello  ,

We apologize for the inconvenience encountered while using the Voice 2go product. In order to proceed with troubleshooting and resolving this issue, we'd like to have the account number and primary TN related to the issue, and we will forward them to our engineering team who will promptly address the issue.

you may email the information to ComcastVoice2Go@comcast.net

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Comcast Voice Team.

New Poster

Update: after a six-day delay, Comcast's Voice Team has fixed the problem. 

Frequent Visitor

One other interesting thing about my text messaging problem (that used to work)

I go to the voice setting screens where it has the voice 2 go set up options and it shows my 2 numbers (my real one and my "fake" one set up with a 2nd phone number) and the real one which used to be assigned to this email address now shows unassigned.  I click on "turn on" and it goes thru the entire cycle asking for the email address and it shows this one which I click on and then has me sign an agreement and finally I get the response:

Your request could not be processed

An error occurred while processing your request. Please try again later.

Can you fix this?

Regular Visitor

I'm getting a similar issue except it says I need to upgrade my application but there is no other application to upgrade to.  Tech support sent me to a dead link.  

Frequent Visitor

Dear Voice 2Go subscriber,

We apologize for the inconvenience this trouble may have caused. If you are still having issues with Voice 2Go text messaging, please feel free to email us at ComcastVoice2Go@comcast.net with your account information and a detailed description of your issue(s) and we will further investigate them.

Thanks.

Comcast Voice Team.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem
Frequent Visitor

How did they fix this
Frequent Visitor

Call tech support but don't let them tell you that you should reset modem. It happens. For one or 2 reasons, every time they do upgrade or you change anything, something gets reset and only the correct tech knows now to reset OR the system loses voice2go and text and it automatically comes back a day or 2 later. Sometimes it asks you to reapply for it. Hope tnat helps. I have lost if off and on about 10 times this year, but always get it back with one of the above.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you
Frequent Visitor

Voice 2go will not work
New Poster

I'm having the same problems:

The app doesn't seem to send text messages on my Android phone.

When I log into the Comcast site and try to send a text message, it just gives me a Delivery Error.

As far as I can tell, I should be set up for text messages on my Comcast phone, but it doesn't work.

Help!

New Poster

Just got off a long chat with a technician. The name was Jelly. After getting off told me that the problem was solved. Told them all back into my account. In doing so he still did not work. I have been using this for a while and it still is not working