Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

VM keeps getting worse every time Customer Support works on it!

New Poster

VM keeps getting worse every time Customer Support works on it!

Once I finally actually got the service I was paying for, it quit.  After days of wrangling, Comcast finally made an appointment for a repair tech to visit.  He found my modem was bad (as I had been telling them), but didn't have one in his truck.  And he was the supervisor on duty!  He finally got a modem from another tech and I thought my problems were over.  Then something interesting started.  Every time I got a stutter dial tone and entered star 99, I was told I had one more message than I could play.  A glitch I decided to live with since my only option was more hassle with Customer Service.  Then, yesterday I got an email notification I had a VM.  When I clicked the link and navigated all the junk that pops up, I had no VM in my Inbox.  Enough, already.  Rather than deal with phone support, I tried on-line Chat.  The tech, if you can call him that, assured me he had reset my modem from his end, and I would be getting the missing VM within 24 hours.  Since it had been over 12 since the call, he was telling me a VM might not show up in my Inbox for up to 36 hours!  It never did.  Since he reset my modem, now I am told I have 3 messages and am only able to retrieve 1 before it goes to saved messages.

I work out of my home, and really need reliable VM, which appears to be something Comcast is unable to supply.  Since I also travel, I don't want to have to rely on an answering machine that could die if the power failed or my cable connection went out, as it often does.

Does anyone know of an off-site answering system that will work with a Comcast phone line?

There was one bright spot in all of this.  The Customer Support person had grammar and English so poor that it was hilarious.  As he signed off after hours, he typed, I am most glad to not help you!  I posted the transcript in the office, and it's been getting laughs all day.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation