Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Use TAD & Fax with Comcast Voice

Frequent Visitor

Use TAD & Fax with Comcast Voice

I have not switched to voice yet... My concern for one thing is I have 2 telephone lines now, one of which is only for fax purpose.  It is an All in one Printer/Fax so on.  The other line is my main line with all the phones (6).  I need the products located where they are... My idea was to take the wires from line 2 on the outside of the house (which has the All in One & another phone located in the basement on it.  My idea is that if I did this I would have the whole house on one line.   The problem then is conflict between TAD and FAX .  They are in separate locations and I thought if I set TAD for 4 rings and FAX (all in one printer) for six rings it should work. 

I can not use in same room.  Any feedback before I give Comcast a ring.  Of course the clerks have no idea. I got 4 different prices on call in and am unhappy that can not purchase more than 300 worldwide minutes, which comes out to 5 cents a minute.  I am told 300 is it and then pay at least 8 cents for over that.  If ideas in paragraph one pan out and I could get two 300 minute plans I would switch.  I currently pay 4 cents world wide.  Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation