Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Upgrading from the Arris TM702G to Arris TM822G?

Regular Contributor

Upgrading from the Arris TM702G to Arris TM822G?

Hello,

I have had the Arris TM702G for what seems like 4 years or so and would like to upgrade to the latest Arris TM822G.

Do you think Comcast would send me a self install kit for the Arris TM822G if I called teh 1-800 number?

And then I would just return my old Arris TM702G to the local comcast center.

Also would I have to pay anything for the upgrade?

I am in Philly.

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Upgrading from the Arris TM702G to Arris TM822

I'd try a visit to your local Comcast see if they have one, a straight swap should be free. Calling in would probably cost $10 shipping and $15 self install kit, depends on what your market area charges..

Also calling in may not guarantee getting an 822G.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the Minneapolis area and recently self installed an Arris TM822.  They didn't offer any of these when they sent out the notice about needing a DOCSIS 3.0 modem to take advantage of higher speeds.  I purchased mine on the web and returned the Arris TM402 that they had installed originally to one of the local offices.  The internet provisioning went smoothly but it took almost a day to find someone that knew how to get my telephone up and running.  Surprising since it is on the "approved list".  No problems once they got it into their system.

Regular Contributor

Ok as it turns out Comcast sent me the wrong modem

It seems they are very short handed right now when it comes to the Arris TM822g.

So I am really thinking I may just buy one and save the $7 rental fee each month.

Will I have any issues getting Comcast to activate a bought Arris TM822g from online?

I live in Philly.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation