Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

This I'm sure has been gone over ad naseum. Caller ID on my pc?

Contributor

This I'm sure has been gone over ad naseum. Caller ID on my pc?

Everything seems to have installed correctly. Adobe Air was installed. I get the settings box and all that just fine. It says I'm connected. It's on the taskbar.  But when I call home with my cellphone I see nothing pop up. Nothing notifying me, not at all.

Does anyone have the answer? Thanks!  Jack ":-D

New Poster

Re: This I'm sure has been gone over ad naseum. Caller ID on my pc?

Make sure in the bottom right hand coner that the phone is activated if it's not turn it off then turn it backon, if you don't see it then call customer support

Hope this helps

Contributor

Yes, Kaarrisma: I did make sure, it said logging in as "name" and then eventually "logged in" or some such positive message. But when I call the home phone with my cell it does not pop up or show. I have heard that certain areas do not have it yet. Possibly I am in one of those areas. A tech is coming here tomorrow for a speed problem so I might see if he knows anything about it.

Thanks!  Jack ":-D

Contributor

Come to find, which I already suspected, it's not available in our area yet. Poor old backward Delmarva Penninsula. Smiley Sad

New Poster

Once again, typical to many of Comcast's features that are not available in my area, yet the price remains the same as with others and I am not able to bring up Caller I'D on my TV !  I was not even aware that this feature was available at all until I stumbled upon it during a search for other features I also do not receive!

Hello, I have the Triple Play and I was not even aware a WiFi Modem was available until I saw a commercial on TV!  Then they say they doubled the speed of Internet??  Not on my Computer!

This is just another reason to shop elsewhere for your needs!  **I pay them Top Dollar yet most convenient features are not available to me!

** Hello, ATT??

New Poster

Heck, I live in West Palm Beach Florida and no features are available here as well!!  Par for the course!!

Contributor

You guys above. I thought I'd was done but just for my own therapy I'd like to add to the cacaphony of noise here. Not only are some features not available but I was finally told by the "powers" that even though I was at BLAST 50mbps that with the modem only 10 feet away all I could expect was 12 to 15mbps. Now they didn't say this at the time of sale. I was told under extreme scenario I might get 30mbps. The salesman could say that I didn't ask what to expect wireless but by his omission it's as good as an untruth. Now to his credit, he was very distraught to with my speeds with wireless. And even came by as he was once a tech. He says he's not sure how confident he is to sell Comcast anymore because he can't give them any assurance the they will get good speeds, the tech side will not back him up. By the way, 4 techs have been here. The last gave me a brand new right out of a new box modem. I am in a very rural area, no airports, businesses, it is a home not an apartment complex and the modem is only one plaster wall between me and the modem. On rare ocassions the speed can drop down into single digits. It doesn't stay long but it does. So you may wonder why don't I just plug into the modem?  Well I had it installed centrally in this small house, in a closet in a small bedroom in the middle of the house. So I can't very well carry the pc's into the closet. If I'd known this from the get go I would have had them run a coax to the pc room, where there has never been a coax.  If there were not benefits that I like on the phone an tv I'd drop them. As I was wary enough to come aboard with NO contract.  Man Mad

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation