Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Telephone off line again.

New Poster

Telephone off line again.

Contactacted Comcastxfinity on 10/18/14 regarding (2) issues.

1st. issue involved quality of service on primary telephone. The phone would drop calls; I could hear echos while talking; static in the line etc.

2nd issue was a request to change telephone number due to security a security situation. 

The telephone number was changed immediately with no problem. A ticket was created to have a technician to come out to check on the the quality of the telephone line. In the mist of the telephone number being changed the primary and secondary telephone lines died out. I contacted customer service 5 times and tried 5 different ways to resolved the problem with the telephone line, therefore had no telephone service all day Sunday. On Monday at 2:30 a technician came to my home and found many techincal issues with the cable lines which he repaired and got both of the telephone lines working after an all day, and a return repair to the telephone which was miscommunicated by the customer. Finally at approximately 8:15 p.m. on 10/20/14 the job was completed.  1 hour after technician left the telephone line was off line again.  Contacted the Technical Supervisor this morning around 7:15 (10/21/14) and was told that the line would try to be fixed within the company and someone would contact me at 8:00 a.m.   I called the Supervisor back around 8:15 at which time after several attempts to find out the problem withthe telephone line decided that between 11:00 - 12:00 he would come out to the house to review the problem himself. At 1:30 I called the Technical Supervisor and received his voice mail. I then contacted the technician who worked on the tlephone line yesterday. It is now 2:30 p.m. on 10/21/14 and I have not heard from the Technical Supervisor, my tlephone line is still dead and I am still with out telephone service.

I am a senior person with health conditions and really need to have my service up and running proplerly at all times. My cell phone is my back up telephone for emergency. I have now been without adequate telephone service since the telephone number was changed and the lines supposebly were fixed.  I have been sitting at home now for almost two days due to insufficient service by Comcast.

At this point of time I am very anxious and frustrated with the quality of customer service that I have received and am contemplating cancelling my service with Comcast.   I would like to have this issue resolved TODAY!!!!!.   

Thank you very much and I will be anxiously waiting to hear from someone immediately. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation