Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Telemarketers will call you thru call screening

New Poster

Telemarketers will call you thru call screening

Why is it the phone numbers with prefixes of 000 can not be blocked?  I have been asking comcast for over 3 years to spend more money on a programer that actually knows how to accomplish this but, so far, we get the programers that comcast can afford.

Retired Administrator

Re: Telemarketers will call you thru call screenin

Usually 000 prefixes are spoofed so they hide the real number with 000 after the call requests CID info. This is an industry wide problem and to date, no provider is able to prevent this from occurring.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Telemarketers will call you thru call screenin

CC_Dete wrote:

Usually 000 prefixes are spoofed so they hide the real number with 000 after the call requests CID info. This is an industry wide problem and to date, no provider is able to prevent this from occurring.

According to a Live Chat session I just had with "Krizza" at Comcast:

The Comcast Digital Voice Call Screening does not allow blocking of 1-000-000-0000 numbers for telemarketers. Yes that is correct. This is because we have a tool to do that for you. All you need to do is to chat with us or call us and we will be the one to process the blocking of 1-000-000-0000 numbers for telemarketers for you.

Next I asked why I couldn't do it myself:

It is because Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 numbers that will receive an announcement indicating you are not presently accepting calls. We do not want to lessen the 12 numbers that you want to add because of telemarketers. So instead, this numbers of telemarketers can be blocked using a DNC feature that you can activate through chat or call.

So I asked Krizza to block all telemarketing numbers including 1-000-000-0000 and we'll see if it actually worked.  Krizza assured me that not all 800 numbers would be blocked, just those used by telemarketers.  Time will tell.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation