Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Switched to Xfinity recently - VM light and tones not working

Regular Visitor

Switched to Xfinity recently - VM light and tones not working

We switched to Xfinity and everything was installed at the beginning of the month (phone, internet, and cable).  Everything is working well except that we get no Voicemail indicator light or stutter tones when a message is left (the voicemail itself works fine, messages can be left and retrieved).

One weekend afternoon, I spent some time online in Chat with Comcast support and they sent the signal to turn the feature on, but that did not work, then they asked me to press the reset button on the Xfinity modem where the phone line comes in which I did, but that didn't work.  Then they sent a remote signal to reset the modem, but unfortunately that did not work either and I was disconnected from the chat session and have not tried to have it fixed again, but as of today, 2/14/2012, it still does not work. 

The phones in the house are all 5 years old or newer and they all worked fine with the same feature on Verizon, so I know that it is not an issue with the phone equipment.

I saw another thread on here where someone got it to work by deleting all voicemails (if there were any) and then having the signal sent again.  I also tried this when I was on support chat, but that didn't fix it either.

Please help, thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: Switched to Xfinity recently - VM light and tones not working

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

It did NOT resolve the issue!

Regular Visitor

Hi Keisha, I tried leaving voicemail, waiting several minutes, then clearing the message. I did this cycle a few times, but the light and stutter tone still don't work. Chris
New Poster

It been several days since my question, and your reply said nothing, it does NOT work!! I been promised several call backs that never happen, the voice mail light does not work, the PC caller ID does not work, the fax line does work correctly and the remote for my TV does not work correctly either. Comcast support sucks, quit wasting my time

New Poster

I have apparently been having this same issue and didn't know it!   For some reason I got the signal today, logged in, and i had 35 NEW MESSAGES!!  Going back some 2 months.    Luckily nothing too important, but this is sort of ridiculous.   And not sure why it started working today -- but now I can't trust it.  I don't want to have to sign in every day just to make sure I don't have messages.   Never had this issue with Verizon voice-mail.

New Poster

I used the chat and had no luck. I then called 1(800)XFINITY and they fixed the problem by resetting my modem.

New Poster

Similar problem. Tried chat and 1-800-xfinity both unable to resolve. Both times promised a call back and never received one.