Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Solicitor Phone Calls!

New Poster

Solicitor Phone Calls!

First time posting on here.... I signed up for Comcast Voice for my home office phone and am now receiving almost daily phone calls from folks asking me to take surveys about local politics, schools, etc. This is supposed to be a WORK line and not used for such purposes. Every time I say that they immediately take me off their list, however, I keep getting these calls. Is there any way for me to be removed from these lists altogether so I do not get bothered??

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Solicitor Phone Calls!

Are you on the government Do not Call List? If not, here is the link to register.  https://www.donotcall.gov/

Some organizations are exempt from it though.  Thank goodness for caller ID too.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

are there any services that will allow me to block incoming calls

New Poster

I discovered that most of those pesky calls we keep receiving can easily be stopped by simply calling the number back.  When I called 4 out of 5 of them, I received an auto voice that states "If you would like to stop receiving calls, press "1" (some asked you to input your number to verify).  It was as simple as that, and within 24-72 hours, the calls stopped.  Found out from Comcast you can also use Call Rejection by dialing *60, and following the prompts.  This can be somewhat tricky the first time.  Just listen closely to when the auto voice states to "Turn on" Call Rejection, enter that single digit, then follow prompts again.  You will need to have the phone number of the telemarketer number that you want to reject so you can enter it as well.  After that, you are good to go. 

Hope this helps . . .  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation