Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Smartzone vmail listening on non-primary account

Frequent Visitor

Smartzone vmail listening on non-primary account

Hi,

Is there a way to have smartzone show/play vmail for email accounts other than the primary email account? It works fine when I am logged into smartzone as my primary email account but when I log into one of my secondary email accounts it says its not subscribed to digital phone. Am I missing a setting somewhere or is this a deficiency in the system?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Smartzone vmail listening on non-primary account

The non-primary account will be able to access voicemail in the future. This feature is on the smartzone roadmap.

All Replies
Official Employee

The non-primary account will be able to access voicemail in the future. This feature is on the smartzone roadmap.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Zhou. I will patiently wait Smiley Happy
New Poster

This problem is listed as solved, but I cannot view the solution, and it doesn't work for me.  What do I need to do to have access as the non-primary acct?
Expert

It's "solved" in the sense that they received an explanation of why it doesn't work. When Comcast says "future", think months (at least), not weeks.
New Poster

Would have been nice to know this before switching.  Don't think I should have to sign in to husband's acct to listen to voicemail....
Official Employee

The owner of the secondary account can access the voicemail through the Internet using telephone number and voice mail password. There are two ways to do it on www.comcast.net.

1) click on the email icon and then enter your email address and email password. You will see

"Sign in to the Digital Voice Center with your phone number & voice mail password."

2) click on the voice mail icon and then enter the telephone number and the voice mail password.

New Poster

neither of those options is on my smartpage.  The only thing on the page for the voicemail tab is an advertisement for the service.  there is nowhere to sign in. 

From the main page, if I try to go to the voice mail first, it takes me directly to my email log-on 

Official Employee

Try http://digitalvoice.comcast.net, do you see the option of signing in with telephone number?
Official Employee

SmartZone now allows secondary users to access voice mail.  Primary users need to grant access.  Here is an FAQ explaining how to do that.

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?seoid=grant-voice-access-to-secondary-accounts

Expert